Composer is a tool for dependency management in PHP. It is not a package manager in the same sense as
Apt are. Yes, it deals with “packages” or libraries, but it manages them on a per-project basis, installing them in a directory (e.g.
vendor) inside your project. By default it does not install anything globally.
- Basic usage
- Command-line interface / Commands
- The composer.json Schema
Packagist is the main Composer repository. It aggregates public PHP packages installable with Composer.
- Aliases, Alias branch names to versions
- Autoloader Optimization, How to reduce the performance impact of the autoloader
- Setting up and using custom installers, Modify the way certain types of packages are installed
- Handling private packages, Hosting and installing private Composer packages
- HTTP basic authentication, Access privately hosted packages
- Setting up and using plugins, Modify and extend Composer’s functionality
- Scripts, Script are callbacks that are called before/after installing packages
- Troubleshooting, Solving problems
- Vendor binaries and the
vendor/bindirectory, Expose command-line scripts from packages
- Versions and constraints, Versions explained.