Helm can do the following:
- Create new charts from scratch
- Package charts into chart archive (tgz) files
- Interact with chart repositories where charts are stored
- Install and uninstall charts into an existing Kubernetes cluster
- Manage the release cycle of charts that have been installed with Helm
For Helm, there are three important concepts:
chartis a bundle of information necessary to create an instance of a Kubernetes application.
configcontains configuration information that can be merged into a packaged chart to create a releasable object.
releaseis a running instance of a
chart, combined with a specific